Mortgages remain one of the most important areas of advice provided in the UK and I do not foresee that changing in the future. In fact, this may even become more complicated with time due to higher deposit requirements, the tendency for people to misunderstand their credit score in early life and older generations looking to help their family members get on the property ladder.
Despite the slowing of the property market in recent years, the UK still remains a property centric culture.
Many things can go wrong when applying for a mortgage and therefore, using my 20+ years’ experience in the industry, I have put the following document, processes and requirements in place to work with my clients.
- First Time Buyer – Frequently Asked Questions
- Mortgage/Remortgage process – End to End Guide
- Cost Spreadsheet – many people do not consider additional costs of purchasing a property when saving for a deposit.
Regardless of the outputs of Mortgage Advice, the initial process always STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION. #startswithaconversation.
- Initial 30 minutes introductory meeting to allow HFP to understand what you are looking to achieve and explain how we will help you.
- Follow Up email from HFP explaining the next steps and documents required
- Client to email key documents to HFP including:
- Experian Report
- Existing Mortgage Statement
- Copy of Accounts, Payslips, SA302’s etc
- HFP to provide a breakdown of the options available, costs and pros and cons of each approach
- Follow Up call to discuss and agree next steps
- HFP charges a Fee on progression of the application of £500
- Progress with a Decision In Principle
- Progress with Full Application
- Ongoing Administration and work to get to a MORTGAGE OFFER
- Help support you through the process by working with your estate agent and conveyancer through to Exchange/Completion.
How we work differently to others.
- WhatsApp Group set up with clients, key adviser, and key administrator at HFP for ongoing queries and keeping everything up to date
- Full review and analysis of Protection Requirements
- HFP to understand and analyse your wider planning (pension planning, investment planning etc.) to ensure they are all working towards and aligned to your future goals
- Review of your mortgage in the future with a view of securing a new rate (at the end of the relevant rate period).
We offer a comprehensive range of first charge mortgages from across the market, which lenders make available to mortgage intermediaries for which we will be paid a procuration fee by the lender.